Friday 8 February 2013

Various Cruelties

I'm not sure when it was that I heard this song for the first time, but I do know where. It was probably around Christmas 2012 when Zales started using a 30-second sound clip from it in one of their TV ads. It started to haunt me--I loved the retro sound and I wondered if, in fact, it was a song from the late 50's or early 60's. Today, I finally decided to do some research.

As it turns out, the song was written by a Brit, Liam O'Donnell, as a tribute to his late mama. The tune is a recent one by the group Various Cruelties, and has apparently struck a chord with a lot of people like myself who heard it courtesy of Zales.

I was furthered tickled by what the band looks like. I expected a single performer--perhaps a clean-cut, Michael Buble type, but instead, I found this image of the lads:



Here is that wonderful tune in its entirety for your listening pleasure...





Click here to go to most recent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment