Tuesday 1 June 2010

Poker adventures

Last night I played a NL draw poker tourney. There were 6,000 entrants and they pay top 48.
After a few hours, I am getting low on chips. I get dealt a straight. I make a small raise before the draw hoping to spur a re-raise. The very next player who has me covered goes all-in. As I go to position the mouse over the "call" button, I'm hit with a power failure. If it had come one second later, I would have won a big pot and had a good chance to finish in the money. Instead, I lost whatever I had bet and struggled to finish around 150th.
The bizarre thing is that the rain was so brief and so light that it was surprising that it produced lightning at all. It's as if the poker gods, sensing I was about to finish well, contacted Thor and...



Click here to go to most recent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment