Monday 7 July 2008

Oh, Nelly!

It's official. I am an old fogey. I have been hearing and reading snippets about "Nelly" for some time. It wasn't until two days ago that I learned that Nelly was not a woman or even several women. Why would I think that, anyway? For the same fricken reason that if I hear about a musical talent named George, Ill assume it's a guy.

It's not that we didn't have such silliness in my generation--we had an actress named Michael Learned and a musical group named something "Brothers" (my usual steel trap memory is failing me, today) that was comprised of girls--but the thing is, I used to know about the music scene. I have completely lost interest in something I used to love to the point where I can know of an "artist" and not really know anything about him/her. I listen to a steady diet of 60's and 70's with an occasional smattering of pre-60's and post 70's. I'm either an old fogey or I've been spoiled...or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment